Thursday 13 December 2012

Holly Jolly TAG 2!

Well, as there is only 12 (yes, 12!) days until Christmas, I thought I would get a little festive. (As you may be able to tell, I have become slightly obsessed with TAG posts.)

1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until last minute?
As we don't have Black Friday in the UK, I'll take it to mean towards the end of November-ish.
I always tend to start my shopping at the end of November. Mainly because I can't be doing with the crowds you get in the last week before Christmas!

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie, what would it be?
Ooohh, I think that's got to be The Santa Clause. When I was younger, I loved their take on the North Pole and Santa's Workshop. I would imagine that I could go, and that it actually existed.


3. Which do you like better? Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas Eve. The anticipation of something magical happening hangs in the air (okay, that sounded very cheesy, but it's the truth), and everyone seems so happy and joyful. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas Day, but whenever we have eaten our turkey dinner, and are sitting around watching TV, I always seem to get the feeling that it's over, after all the build up.

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
This seems to change every year, but it's usually between the first and second weekend in December. When I was younger, my mum always used to decorate it, but nowadays, I decorate it.

5. White lights or coloured lights?
White lights!!

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I've never really been one for peeking. I would go around trying to find where they were hid, but never really peeked at them, as I do love the surprise, especially if I haven't asked for anything in particular.

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
I have always been slightly obsessed with gingerbread houses, and so I think it would a gingerbread house. I think Santa's Workshop would get too busy for me!

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
We don't do anything too big on Christmas Eve, really. We usually go around delivering presents to family and friends that we wont see on Christmas Day, and if it's our turn to host Christmas Day Dinner, we will probably get the veg ready, and decorate the table. Then at night, we will all sit around watching some of the specials that are on television. I may be 20, and my brother may be 14, but we still leave a plate out for Santa, made up of a glass of milk and a mince pie for Santa, some chocolates and sweets for the elves, and a carrot for Rudolph! I take my stocking up, and then go to sleep.

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone, who would it be?
Um, I don't really know. Maybe James Lafferty (Nathan from One Tree Hill), but I don't really know.

10. What tops your tree?
An angel! It's always been an angel. And my dad always puts it on top of the tree.

11. Can you name the 12 Days of Christmas?
No, I could used to, but I get them all mixed up now!

12. Have you ever gone Christmas Carolling?
No, that's one thing I've never done.

13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?
Yes! I have two chalkboard countdowns hanging up; a gingerbread man one and a Santa one. There are 12 days left!!

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
Turkey obviously! Candy canes, and the tins of chocolates that they do. Also, my great-nan's homemade fudge! That's so good!

15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
I think it will always be a magical time for me, as it brings back so many memories of when I was younger. Also, I like to think that I put a lot of thought into my presents, as I want to really show my parents how much they mean to me, so I get so excited to give them to them, and see their faces. Do you remember the John Lewis advert from last year (the boy who was so excited to give his mum her present?) well that was me last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment