Friday 19 April 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Urban Decay recently came out with a new range of products that are part of their 'Naked' line. Included in this range was BB cream and a blush/highlight/bronzer palette. But, what I was interested in the most, was a third version of the ever-so-popular Naked eyeshadow palette. This palette is called Naked Basics, and contains 6 shades. There are five matte shades, and one shimmery, highlight shade.



I already have the two original Naked palettes, so originally, I wasn't really bothered about getting this palette, but I saw a blog post on Emma's blog milkteef. I saw this post, and completely fell in love with the eye makeup look that she had created in this post. Once I saw this, I know I had to have this palette!

This palette makes a great travel companion, and is so easy to slip into your handbag. Urban Decay describe this palette as:

Naked Basics is more than just the long-awaited, multipurpose MATTE companion to Naked. It's the palette EVERY woman needs in her beauty arsenal. With six stripped-down, Nakedly neutral shadows, it has everything you need for the perfect neutral matte eye.

I would say that I completely agree with this statement. Plus, at only £20, it's a lot cheaper than the £36 for the original and second versions. Also, Debenhams online sell Urban Decay, and they are always having some sort of large-scale sale, or discount weekend, where there is 10% off Beauty and Fragrance, so if you buy it then, you'll get it for £18 instead (which is what I did).




(Be careful when you open the palette, as mine is very stiff, and difficult to get open, and I scraped my nail into the W.O.S shade. I don't know if they're all like this, it could just be mine)
The six shades are Venus (a light, shimmerry, highlight colour), Foxy (a yellow based lid colour, good for eve out the eyelid, this shade was also in the Naked2 palette), W.O.S (Walk of Shame, a light pinky, nude colour), Naked2 (a rosy taupe, a good crease colour), Faint (a warm toned, mid-brown, good for adding depth to the outer corner) and Crave (a matte black, good for using as a liner, or for creating a smokey eye).


                            (with flash)                                   (in natural light)

I would say, if you love your neutrals and/or prefer matte eyeshadows compared to shimmery ones, then this is the palette for you. The original Naked palette is a lot more warm toned, and the Naked2 palette is a cool toned palette. Personally, I have all three of the Naked palettes, but if I were to re-do buying these, I would just get the Basics palette. The Basics palette is a great travel and handbag palette that you can take with you anyway you go. I recently wore these to a 18th birthday party, and they stayed in place all night, with primer underneath. I do find that some can leave a bit of fallout, but this is no big problem, I just leave my face makeup until after I have finished my eyes. As you can see from the swatches above, the eyeshadows are true-to-life and are very pigmented and they blend so easily. If you get a chance to try this palette out, then I would say go for it (if you like it that is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment