Wednesday 2 October 2013

Yes to the Fleur Power!!

So, the other week, I went shopping. (Don't you just love sentences that start like that?!) I went to Chester, a place I never usually go shopping, but I was feeling adventurous so took the plunge and went, and I have to say, I'm so glad that I did. As usual with me, I researched what shops were there, and more importantly, what brands were sold in Debenhams. Imagine my surprise when I found out that there was a MAC concession stand there! I didn't realise there was a MAC so close to me. I thought my nearest one was Liverpool (an hour - hour and a half drive away).

Once I found out that, I knew it was the perfect chance to finally go see what the fuss was about, and maybe start my MAC collection off. I did a bit of research as to what sort of product I wanted, and decided on a blush. I went to swatch some of the colours and finally decided on Fleur Power.

Available: here

MAC describe Fleur Power as a "soft bright pinkish-coral," and I feel that this describes the colour exactly. It is a Satin finish, so it's not quite matte, but leaves your cheeks slightly glowy (I personally don't like blushes with lots of shimmer in, they don't look good on me).


My only issue with this blush is, for the price (£18), the plastic on the compact seemed quite fragile, it didnt feel like the best quality, and would maybe break easily. I don't know if that's just me, but that's the impression I got.

The blush is soft and blends very easily, but be careful, as you only need the smallest tap of your brush as the product is very pigmented. I feel that this is a perfect transitional/Autumn shade, as it's not a full on bright pink or coral, but somewhere in the middle, which can look quite natural if it is sheered out.

As for this being my very first MAC blush and first proper MAC product, I am very pleased, and glad i brought it. I hope to expand my collection in the future, maybe investing in one of their blush palettes, and then just bying the blushes in the pan, rather than the compact blushes.

3 comments:

  1. Fab post lovely. Fleur Power looks gorgeous! Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! Thanks! Just checked out your blog; love your Halloween inspiration post! So original. Now following :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks. Yes, it is a lovely colour, would really recommend it. Now following your blog

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete