Monday 23 December 2013

The 2013 Christmas TAG


Well, as it's only days until Christmas, I thought I would do The 2013 Christmas Tag, which I originally saw on Fee's blog.

1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
Synthetic! We've always had synthetic trees, except for one year, and then it died like a week before Christmas, and so we had to put up the good old synthetic one. I think that put me off them, plus I sort of prefer the more perfect look of synthetic trees.

2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
Well, if you've read any of my past TAG posts, then you'll probably know, that I don't drink any hot drinks, except for hot chocolate. So, it would probably be hot chocolate. I really want to try the white hot chocolate festive drink from Costa at the minute.

3.  Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
I'm not a fan of the traditional red, green and gold colours. I love the winter wonderland sort of look; silver, white, purple and rusticy look.

4.  Giving or receiving?
Giving! As nice as receiving is, Christmas is all about giving. I do get rather excited when I spot that perfect present, and can't wait to see their face when they open it up on Christmas Day.

5.  To mince pie or not to?
To mince pie! You really can't beat a lovely homemade, warm mince pie at this time of year, especially when you're sat wrapping presents in front of the fire!

6.  What's your traditional Sunday lunch?
I take it that this means the Christmas Day dinner? So I'll answer it as that. Usually, we take it turns, either having Christmas dinner at my mum's house or my auntie's house. This year it's at my auntie's house. We usually have turkey, pork, and this year gammon, roast potatoes, mash, peas, carrots, pigs in blankets, stuffing, and of course sprouts (although I can't stand them!)

7.  Christmas day fashion
We're not big on dressing all fancy at Christmas. Usually smart-casual. When we first get up and open presents, we stay in your pjs, but then we get washed and dressed, and get ready for the afternoon.

8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?
Well, I've actually got two, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and Last Christmas by Wham!

9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?
Again, I've got a few of these, but probably my all-time favourite film, because I grew up on it, is The Muppets Christmas Carol. This came out the year I was born, and I've probably watched it every year since. Apparently, before I could even talk, I used to go around going aoooohhhh (if you know the film, it's from the Marley and Marley scene, "we're Marley and Marley, aoooohhhhh"). Another childhood favourite is The Santa Clause, starring Tim Allen. This always seemed so magic to me, especially the North Pole scenes and Santa's workshop, plus it's rather funny.

10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
Before lunch. We're always too stuffed to even move after lunch!


Well, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment