Wednesday 8 January 2014

2013 Favourites | Makeup

So, to round off 2013 nicely on my blog, I thought I would gather some of my favourite products from the past year, and tell you about them. This post is the makeup products, and then they'll be a beauty post (skincare, body care and haircare) and then finally a random post.


Foundation:
Rimmel Wake Me Up in True Ivory
This was my go-to foundation since I first brought it at the beginning of June. It leaves the skin with a lovely radiant finish, perfect for my skin, as it can sometimes look dull and tired. The colour match is just about perfect for me aswell.

Concealer:
Maybelline The Eraser Eye in Light
I have loved this concealer for under my eyes, as it does really help to conceal dark circles, which I suffer from. It doesn't look cakey, and it doesn't crease on me, which I find with a lot of concealers. The only disappointing thing, is the colour range, as there's only about 2 or 3 shades, so it's not good for darker skin tones.

Powder:
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
After hearing Tanya Burr rave about this product for so long, I finally caved and bought it, and I really really liked it. It's light enough, so that it doesn't look powdery, and helps keep my makeup in place most of the day, and helps with shine-control, while not adding any extra coverage.

Blusher:
MUA Blush Perfection in Dolly
I love these MUA cream blushes! They apply so easily and nicely, and set to a lovely finish, slightly more powder than cream. Out of the shades I've tried, this is my favourite, as it seems to really suit my complexion and gives me a really nice natural flush.

Brush/Tool:
Real Techniques Buffing Brush
This has been my favourite brush to apply my foundation on with. It gives a flawless finish, blending out the foundation perfectly, and making it look like you're not wearing makeup. It also washes easily, and is so soft.

That's it for my makeup favourites of 2013. There's not a lot, but generally, on a day-to-day basis, I don't wear eyeshadow or lipstick, just a bit of lip balm. Next up will be my beauty favourites.


No comments:

Post a Comment