Friday 10 January 2014

2013 Favourites | Random

So this is the last of my 2013 Favourites posts/series. This one is going to cover my random favourites.


TV Show:
Game of Thrones, The White Queen, Reign
2013 was a good year for TV for me, so it was really hard for me to narrow it down to one, so settled on my top 3. I finally got into Game of Thrones this year, and ended up watching all of the seasons within 2 weeks or something! Crazy! It's such a good series, and really draws you in, as you can never guess what the writer's are going to do next. Nothing is off limits to them. Another show I really enjoyed this year was The White Queen. It's based on the book by Philippa Gregory, based at the time of the War of the Roses, telling the story of Elizabeth Woodville and Edward IV. It was a really good show, and brought out my inner history-geek. The other show that really stood out to me this year was Reign. It's based on Mary Queen of Scots, but its's not a boring history show. I find it's a slight cross between The Tudors and Pretty Little Liars, which I love.

Film:
The First Time
I first saw this film one day when there was nothing on the telly, and I was searching On Demand. I played it, and fell in love with how cute and endearing it was. It's basically about falling in love for the first time, and the ups and downs of it. It is a really sweet movie, that I would highly recommend.

Book:
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Well, I didn't read this until the last week of 2013, as it was one of the books I received for Christmas, but it was still technically in 2013, so I'm counting it! I really enjoyed reading this book, and exploring the character's and their world. It's a dystopian style book, about a new-world Chicago thats split into 5 factions, Dauntles (brave), Amity (peaceful), Abnegation (selfless), Erudite (intelligent) and Candor (honest), and a girl called Tris, who when she turns 16 must choose which faction she wants to spend the rest of her life in, except it's not that easy for Tris. If you want to find out more, than you'll have to read it yourself (or just look up spoilers online)! There's even a movie coming out in March based on this book, which I now can't wait to see.

Blog:
Makeup Savvy
Makeup Savvy has definitely been my favourite blog of 2013. Almost every day I check to see if any new posts have gone up, and really enjoy reading every single post that Fee writes. She always comes up with some really interesting and original posts aswell. If you're after a new blog to read, then check Makeup Savvy out.

Person
FleurDeForce
I love FleurDeForce's videos. Everytime I see that she has uploaded a new one, I can't wait to watch it. She always goes into a lot of detail, and her videos are really informative. I also love watching her vlogs aswell, especially Vlogmas which she did in the run up to Christmas. If you haven't already, then go check her out.

So, that's what I've been loving during this past year. I wonder what will be added to the list this time next year, and what things will take some places. 

What have been some of your favourites from this past year?


No comments:

Post a Comment