Tuesday 28 January 2014

MAC Groundwork

Today I bring you my third ever MAC purchase. I researched a lot before I purchased this, as MAC is expensive, and I wanted to make sure that it was something that I would like and use a lot. So, I chose a paint pot, as I thought this would be the perfect product for me, as I don't wear eyeshadow on a day-to-day basis, so this is a quick and easy way of evening out my eyelids and adding a bit of colour.


Paint Pot's are basically highly pigmented cream eyeshadows. Once applied they set quickly, and once set, they do not move! This makes them perfect as a base for eyeshadow or used by themselves as a easy eye look. I have heard mixed reviews on the MAC Paint Pot's, some saying that they creased and didn't last, but I can honestly say, that this doesn't crease on me, and lasts most of the day.


Groundwork is a matte mid-tone brown. I find that it's the perfect no-makeup-makeup look for the eyes, that I am a big fan of. It evens out any discolouration or veins on the eyelids, but looks very natural, and also adds depth to the eye. I wear this by itself as an everyday makeup look, but also wear this as a base for other eyeshadows when I want something extra, firstly because it doesn't crease on me, and secondly because I find it makes the eyeshadow colours pop more.


I use my ring finger to apply this, and then blend it out with a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush, and find this works great. I would say though, be careful how you replace the lid and store them, as if the lid is not screwed on tightly, it will dry out quick.

I am really pleased with this product, and am tempted to try out some of their more snazzy shades.

Have you tried any Paint Pot's? What's your favourite?


8 comments:

  1. I think this was a great investment. I mean, MAC products ARE known for their quality, so it is always a win, buying them!

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I think that this will last a long time, and it's great for all sorts of occasions and makeup looks.

      Yep, there's a definitely a reason why they're so popular with professional makeup artists and with makeup lovers like us!

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. Love a good old matte colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, completely IN-LOVE with your blog, just followed you on GFC (10), would love if you follow back :)

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Ah, thank you! That's really kind of you. Love your outfit posts. Thanks for the follow. Yep, followed you back aswell.

      Laura x

      Delete
  4. I love love love MAC Paint Pots! I have 7 so far including Eclair, Bare Study, and Let's Skate. I don't have this one, but I think I need it now after reading your post haha! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first ever one, and I was so impressed. I think I will be buying more, just have to save up for my next MAC shopping trip! :D
      Wow! I've heard a lot about Bare Study and Let's Skate. Which ones would you recommend then? Haha, sorry!

      Laura x

      Delete