Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Naked3 Palette

I'm sure by now, most beauty people will have heard of the ever-raved about Naked eyeshade palettes by Urban Decay. If you're new to them, they're basically a palette consisting of 12 neutral eyeshadows. What makes them so special you ask? Well, they are extremely pigmented, blend so easily and are some of the best neutral palettes out there.

Available here for £37

The first Naked palette consisted of bronze and gold warm toned neutrals. The Naked2 was made up of taupe-y cool toned colours. Then a mini-palette was introduced called the The Naked Basics (review and swatches here) containing 5 matte shades and 1 shimmery highlighter shade. Just before Christmas, social media went crazy over rumours about a Naked3 palette. It turned out those rumours were true, and soon, everyone went Naked3 mad!




















The Naked3 palette is made up of 12 rosy-toned neutrals. There is a good mixture of glitter, shimmer and matte shadows, all of which have a rose undertone, but are slightly warm toned as well, making it perfect for anyone to wear them. I can imagine these being flattering for almost every skin tone, and any eye colour. Each shadow has great colour-payoff, and are buttery soft and so easy to blend.


I really love this palette. I do have all three (four counting the basics palette) but I seem to be reaching for this palette a lot more than any of the others just lately. I would say, if you don't have any, and are considering buying one, I would probably say choose this one, as the first palette is very warmed tone, which darker skin tones seem to pull off better, and the second palette is a lot more cool toned, which can be hard to pull off for some paler skin tones, but this palette will suit pretty much everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Hey! I’ve nominated you for the Leibster award! Check out my latest post on my blog!

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you! I really appreciate it. I'll check it out and get on it

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. I'm sad to say I've never owned any of the Naked palettes (or any eyeshadow for that matter). Actually, I'm 22 and I've never worn eye makeup. This is a bit sad. Maybe it's time to jump on the Naked bandwagon. I'll take your advice into consideration. :)

    Sincerely, Christine from Invisible Blush

    Sincerely, Christine from Invisible Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky to own them all, but that's about all the eyeshadow that I have aswell, apart from a couple random palettes. I'm the same, I never used to wear any makeup at all until I was about 19. If you think you're going to get your money's worth out of it, then I would say go for it. Otherwise, you can get some really nice quality palettes at the drugstore, or if you want something much easier, then go for a cream eyeshadow such as the MAC Paint Pots, or the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo ones. You can't go wrong at all with them. Hope this helps

      Laura x
      (Followed your blog as well)

      Delete
  3. Hey lovely! just to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Come take a look at my blog post:
    http://lipstickleathers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    Harriet // http://lipstickleathers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much! I'll take a look and get on it :D

      Laura x

      Delete
  4. Hey I love your blog and you are so luck to have the Naked 3 palette ! I hope you don't mind but l nominated you for the liebster award on my blog check it out !

    http://aurelie-hispter.blogspot.ca/


    -auré xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you! I know, it was one of my Christmas presents.
      Thank you for nomination!
      I have now posted my answers to your questions if you haven't seen it already.

      The Liebster Award

      Laura x

      Delete