Monday 17 February 2014

Soap and Glory | Glow All Out

So, I seemed to go a little Soap and Glory-crazy at Christmas. I first heard about this face powder through FleurDeForce's blog post, and then after hearing more people rave about it, I added it to my Christmas wishlist.


Can I just say, how adorable is the packaging?! Typical Soap and Glory packaging and name. I really love the cardboard packaging. I think it's so different from all the other face powder compacts on the high street. Although it's made out of cardboard, it's really sturdy and feels of a really high quality. They've even put a mirror in aswell!


This is how Soap and Glory describe this powder on their website:

Use it to lift up your cheekbones or dust lightly all over for a 'moonlit' look. Featuring LIGHTSCRAMBLE™lumisphere pigment pearls, an ultra-fine creamy powder shimmer finish and extended wear silicone technology.

Glow All Out is described as a "Luminizing Radiance Face Powder," which has a pink base. It doesn't contain any glitter or shimmer, making it the perfect subtle, radiance-enhancing powder. A dust over the tops of the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, the cupid's bow and the brow bone, gives you a gorgeous, healthy glow.


I personally haven't tried it all over the face for a "moonlit look," as I worry that it will be too much radiance, and maybe more oily/sweaty, so I can't comment on it used as an all-over powder. I love how silky smooth this powder is, and doesn't take much to blend in at all. Depending on the look I'm going for, and how much of a glow I want, I use the Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Contour Brush for a more natural, everyday look, or the RT Contour Brush for a night-time look, when I want a heavier highlight. Since I received this powder, I have been reaching for it everytime I apply makeup. 


The only thing that I'm not that keen on with Soap and Glory, is the price of their products. They are at the higher-end of the scale for drugstore/high-street brands, but they do often have 3 for 2 offers, or buy one get one half price offers, so look out for them. It can bought from Boots for £11.

I did try swatching the powder, but the camera wouldn't pick it up enough to do it justice.

What are some of your favourite highlight products?


10 comments:

  1. this looks like such a gorgeous highlighter!

    ChelseaSharkie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Especially if you're not a big fan of the obvious highlight look. It's very subtle.

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Soap and Glory always seem to have adorable packaging. Whoever comes up with it is a genius!

      Laura x

      Delete
  3. Great post!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award, details are on my blog.

    Laura xo
    londonandlouboutins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you sweet. I'll check it out, and get writing. Will hopefully be up in the next couple of weeks.

      Laura x

      Delete
  4. I just nominated you for the Liebster Award, here is the link to the post!

    Mary-Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet! I really appreciate it! I'll let you know when it's up.

      Laura x

      Delete
  5. I love this powder...use it every day x Congratulations on over 100followers as well! x

    thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, isn't it? Thank you, sweet!

      Laura x

      Delete