Wednesday 5 March 2014

Get to Know Me | The Beauty Blogger TAG

I've seemed to gain so many followers lately, that I thought it was time to let you in a bit more, and get to know me a little bit further. So, I thought I would do another TAG post, and came across this one. Hope you enjoy!

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is naturally curly, but I blow dry it straight.

2. What is your natural hair colour?
I dark blonde colour, mainly, but when the sun shines, you can see golden tones.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I don't dye my hair. I never have. I really like the colour of my natural hair, so I just leave it.

4. How often do you wash your hair?
Every other day.

5. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I pretty much wear the same style everyday. I dress casual usually, but if I'm in the mood to shake things up a bit, I'll try adding something that jazzes my outfit up, e.g. a different pair of shoes, or coat, or some jazzy jewellery.

6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do it myself. I don't really go and get my nails done. The only time I have was for my year 11 prom, and had false nails applied. It's just something I've never really got into.

7. How often do you change your nail polish?
I go through phases of wearing it non-stop, and then not wearing any for ages. When I'm wearing it, I probably change it every 3-4 days.

8. Do you polish your toes in the Winter or just the Summer?
I really don't paint my toenails at all. It's just something I've never got into.

9. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
On an everyday basis it probably takes about 15 minutes but if I'm going out it could be half an hour to 45 minutes.

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I do my face first and then go onto my eyes while the foundation is setting, and then powder.

11. Do you collect makeable just buy what you need when you need it?
Haha both probably! I do like collecting it, but when I need something I buy it.

12. How often of you wear false eyelashes?
Never! I haven't even figured out how to apply them yet!

13. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
No, only when I'm going out, or have got something planned. If I'm just at home, or have just got to go down the shops, I don't bother.

14. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with your family?
Again, same answer as before, if we're going out, then I will put some on, but if we're just at home, no I don't. It doesn't bother me not wearing makeup around my family.

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes. If I've just got a couple of errands, I'll probably not put any makeup on. It also depends on how I'm feeling and how my skin is behaving that day.

16. How many high-end products do you have?
I have a few things. A palette, and a couple of loose things. They're just too expensive for me to justify right now.

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Usually once every two weeks.

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I try to have a rough idea of what I'm going to wear, but I don't really plan everything down to the last detail.

19. How often do you change your handbag?
Probably every couple of months. It also depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

20. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I'm really bad for going to sleep at night. I go up to bed about 11:00pm, but then watch a few YouTube videos and catch up on things, and don't go to sleep until about twelve/half twelve. Then in the morning, I wake up about 9:00am.

21. How often or when do you workout?
I'm really not one for going to the gym or anything, but I go on walks with my dog, and do the odd YouTube workout.

22. Left handed or right handed?
Right handed.

23. How tall are you?
5'7"

24. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Not fluently, no. I took French and Welsh Short Course at GCSE, but it's been so long since I've spoken any, I don't think I could understand any of it much nowadays.

25. How many pets do you have?
I have a dog called Wooly. He's a orange roan cocker spaniel, and I absolutely adore him!

26. How often are you on Blogger?
Pretty much every other day; sometimes less, sometimes more.

27. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
If it means comments on my own blog, yes! It's one of my favourite things to do. I love it when people are kind enough to take the time to leave me a comment. But, when it comes to other blogs, I don't really tend to read the comments.

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Of course! I've always got something on my wishlist that I've seen other bloggers and vloggers rave about.

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
Well, this blog was originally called Beauty Beginner, but I didn't really like that name.  Once I really got into blogging and had a re-design, I renamed my blog Laura's Land of Beauty, which I think is pretty self-explanatory. Laura is my name, and I'm blogging about all things beauty.

30. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
Usually my Canon Powershot A810, but lately I've started using my Fujifilm Finepix S1730. 

31. How often do you clean your house?
Is it just me, or does this question seem really random?! Anyway, I still live with my parents, but I help out with cleaning the house, which is done pretty much everyday.

32. What's your favourite colour?
Lilac!

33. Do you swear?
Yes, I do, but only now and again. I never swear in front of my dad though, even now, and I'm nearly 22!

34. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Well, as I am typing this, it is 6 o'clock on a Saturday night. I don't really have any plans for tonight (I know, what a jet-set life I lead!), so will probably just have some tea, and have a night in watching some Saturday night TV, i.e. The Voice, Casualty and The Jonathan Ross Show.


6 comments:

  1. This is such a great tag! Loved reading your answers :) xx

    Miss Sophie Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! Was probably one of my favourite ones to do aswell. Glad you enjoyed it!

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. I love your answers! Your blog is always perfect I love it so much xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah shucks! Thank you, sweet! That's very kind of you!

      Laura x

      Delete