Thursday 29 May 2014

April Favourites

 

1. TRESEmme Keratin Smooth 7 Day Smooth
This was a new product that came out sometime in April, and as soon as I saw the advert, and heard 7 days smooth, frizz free hair, even after washing, I knew I had to try it. To be honest, I'm not particularly impressed by the shampoo and conditioner, they just seem any normal one, but I do like the special treatment. It does keep my hair smooth and frizz free, especially the first couple of days before I wash it again. After I wash it, it is back to being a bit frizzy, but not so much.

2. MAC Hue
This has been one of my go-to lip looks this last month. This month I was more experimental with lipstick and lipgloss and really started getting into wearing it, as previously I was lucky if I wore a tinted lip balm. I've been using this with the other products I'm showing, and it creates a gorgeous spring lip colour.

3. Collection Volume Sensation in 13 Satin Bow
This is my favourite as I think it is a drug store dupe for the above MAC Hue. Next time you're in Superdrug or boots, swatch it. It's a gorgeous nude colour, that's on the peachy side.

4. MAC Fleur Power blush
I've been back to loving this blush to add a lovely natural, spring time flush. It's not too dark, not too light. I think it's a great one for a no-makeup-makeup look, as it's a perfect your flush but better shade.

5. Seventeen Lip Gloss Stash particularly coral one
I got this set in the Boots New Year sale, and have just come around to using some of the lip glosses in it. My favourite is the coral shade one. Unfortunately the colours don't have names, so I don't know which one it is. And I don't know if these are in their permanent line. But I've been wearing this over MAC's Hue or the Collection lipstick, and it creates a lovely spring/summer time coral lip. Plus, this colour really seems to suit my skintone.

6. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
On first use, I wasn't that impressed with this sponge, but after sticking with it, I have begun to love it! It creates a really flawless, natural base, and makes it look as if you're not wearing foundation. Plus, if you suffer from dry patches, like me, then this just helps foundation glide over them, and doesn't make the foundation cling to them. It really is a great product!

7. Simple Moisture Boost Hydro Mist
A rediscovery for me this month, and one I'm so glad I found out again! I was applying my usual makeup one morning and noticed that my skin was looking extra dry that day, and it just didn't look nice. So, upon searching for something to try to fix it, I came across this in my drawer. I sprayed over the top of my makeup, and my goodness! The change! Goodbye dry, dull, cakes face, hello, glowy, radiant skin! I now use this over the top of my makeup whenever I apply it. It doesn't move the makeup, but it also doesn't set it. Just a couple of spritz and my skin looks so healthy! I would highly, highly recommend this if you suffer from dry, dehydrated, dull skin, and want an added glow.

8. Botanics Hydrating Night Cream
I picked this on a whim really, as it was on offer, and I needed a new night cream. But since I been using it, I've really been enjoying using it. It's another an overly fancy night cream, it doesn't claim to do much, just to hydrate the skin, and that is exactly what it does. It sinks into the skin quickly, and doesn't leave any residue or sticky feeling.

9. Game of Thrones season 4
April was the month that Game of Thrones came back on our screens. I only got into this show about this time last year, so I'm quite new to the world of Westeros, but it's such a good show!  It's one of those edge-of-your seats, OMG shows. I've so far been liking the series, (especially episode 2 (I won't give any spoilers). However since getting into the series, I have found it slightly action-less compared to the other series. I think it needs to start getting going now.

10. Divergent movie
I have waiting and waiting for this movie to come out, and it finally did this month! After reading the book, I was so excited to see the world of Divergent come to life on the big screen, and I definitely wasn't disappointed! It stayed true to most of the book, and I loved the actors! Theo James made a great Four, and Shailene Woodley is probably my favourite actress right now. She portrayed Tris perfectly, showcasing her selflessness, her bravery and also her vulnerability. I now can't wait to see how the next films turn out. I would highly recommend this film for anyone.

What have been some of your favourites during April? 

No comments:

Post a Comment